Our team is seeking an entry-level or seasoned sales professional to participate in a group effort to grow the sales and business unit of our region and increase the market presence of OEC Group, as a premier international logistics provider by both Ocean and Air Freight. This position requires an energetic, articulate, personally motivated, and results driven professional. Must be growth oriented, profit driven, and focused. Team player with a positive attitude, individual initiative and good communication skills is a must.
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in Los Angeles and branches throughout Asia, North America and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. Our goals and ambition have helped us to become one of the emerging leaders in the logistics/importing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Management of self-motivated sales developments.
• Maintain and expand client relations.
• Negotiating international rate quotations.
• Meeting or exceeding company sales goals and targets.
• Complying with regulatory requirements.
• Reporting to local managers with updates and progress.
• Constant business development.
• Daily cold calling for appointment scheduling.
• Consistent weekly off-site client appointments.
• Account maintenance and communication with overseas offices to ensure international and customer requirements are met.
• Build relationships with customers to continue to consult and educate on the always changing international shipping regulations.
Team-oriented with motivational skills. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent decision making and multi-tasking skills. Complete and thorough use of basic computer proficiencies. Portray commitment, professionalism, formality and a sense of urgency to meet the criteria needed for this industry.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
After completing a standard 90 day probationary period the employee is granted a full benefits package. This includes: Full Health Insurance Premium (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Life, and AD&D Coverage; 401K; Vacation/Personal Days; Annual performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment; Annual bonus determined by overall performance after 1 full year of employment.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.