What we’re looking for…
- OEC Group is currently looking for candidates with experience in the logistics, supply chain and/or shipping field. We offer a full training program to all new hires in the Customer Service Department.
- During your training program you will work 1:1 with our operations trainer; receiving systems and operational training.
- The Customer Service Representative provides excellent support to customers and records shipment information into FreightStream by performing the following duties.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical and Dental) – Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- Annual Performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment and bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities!
About the Position
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Creating internal customer profiles in FreightStream to provide all departments with detailed customer information when needed.
- Use best judgment and knowledge to assist customers in making the most suitable choice for their needs.
- Provide quotations to customers when required.
- Coordinates with customers and other departments to ensure the smooth movement of freight by providing tracking information and shipment updates to customers.
- Communicates with customers by phone or email to build excellent customer relationships to in order to provide great customer service.
- Handles any special requests from our customers.
- Sends new shipment bookings to customers.
- Validates and confirms all ocean/air shipment bookings from origin to destination, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Manage daily emails/phone calls from customers and other offices/departments pertaining to respective accounts.
- Directs customer questions/concerns to the correct department as needed.
New York Office 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, and email communication skills.
- Candidates with a working proficiency of Mandarin and/or Chinese is preferred.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree and a minimum of 1 year of industry related working experience.
- Relevant experience in the logistics, supply chain and/or shipping field.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.