What we’re looking for…
- OEC Group is currently looking for candidates interested in the logistics/ supply chain industry. We offer a full training program to all new hires in the Operations Department. (You do not need to have prior experience within the industry.)
- During your training program you will work 1:1 with our operations trainer, learning the basics of the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- The Ocean Import Coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while complying with any internal and external requirements.
- Opportunities for lateral growth within other departments.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical and Dental) – Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- Annual Performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment and bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities!
About the Position
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Tracking, tracing, and updating the status of shipments on a daily basis.
- Conducting an AMS Download on a daily basis.
- Accurate and timely data entry into our system (Freightstream).
- Effective communication with customers, vendors, other OEC offices, and co-workers through a high volume of e-mails, phone calls and verbal contact.
- Monitoring of reports on a daily basis.
- Accurate and timely billing to customers.
- Maintaining strong and effective relationships with vendors (shipping lines, trucking companies, etc.).
- Meet key performance indicators to support the department, branch, product and overall company goals.
- Must have the desire to understand the operational process flow and constantly seeking improved ways for efficiency.
- Reporting workflow progress to Management on a frequent basis.
- The Ocean Import Coordinator will be scheduled to attend mandatory training classes as needed.
New York Office 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, and email communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree and six months to one year of related experience.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.