What we’re looking for…
- OEC Group currently has openings for the Junior Sales Account Executive position for the New York and Chicago offices. Training courses available on a monthly basis, starting from October 2017.
- We’re looking for individuals with a passion for sales, building relationships and strong communication skills.
- As a Junior Sales Account Executive, you will be responsible for prospecting, engaging and closing new accounts, along with building and maintaining relationships with a customer base.
What we can offer you:
- OEC Group offers an extensive training program designed for our Sales team where you will learn and understand the principles of Freight Forwarding through our standard Freight School curriculum. After you have learned the industry fundamentals your hands-on sales training will begin. Under the guidance of the Sales Director, you will train alongside Sales Representatives with a variety of specialties and experience. Through observing, cold calling and shadowing Account Executives you will learn and understand the OEC sales process.
- Pay Structure: You will receive a base salary along with the standard commission structure (discussed in depth during interview process). Other perks received such as monthly car allowance, company cell phone/laptop and company expense account.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical and Dental) – Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Floating Days
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities!
About the Position
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Developing relationships with customers and generating new business.
- Soliciting OEC Group's services which include Ocean Import, Air Import, Ocean Export, Air Export, Distribution & Warehousing, LTL Transportation and Cargo Insurance and Customs Brokerage.
- Responsible for meeting the monthly quotas given by Sales Upper Management.
- Assisting the Accounts Receivable Department with tracking payments from customer base.
- Forming a customer base by cold calling, issuing quotes, preparing bids and making formal presentations to prospective customers.
- Monitor and follow up with all accounts through the CRM Sugar.
- Maintaining constant communication with the Operations/Customer Service Departments and overseas offices.
New York Office 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This program will cover a wide territory in the surrounding states of the home office. The person in this role is responsible for having reliable transportation at time of hire.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For Sales, required to speak, hear, walk, and to sit for long periods of time, including traveling for sales meetings.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.