OEC Group – Cerritos, CA
Serving as an integral member of the Accounting team, a successful candidate in the Accounting Clerk position will be able to handle multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as the ability to interface with all levels of personnel professionally and effectively. Candidates must possess the ability to be punctual, reliable, display strong attention to detail, and able to handle pressure.
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in Los Angeles and branches throughout Asia, North America and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. Our goals and ambition have helped us to become one of the emerging leaders in the logistics/importing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform accounting and clerical functions.
• Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
• Compile and sort invoices and checks.
• File and tally deposits.
• Open mail and match payments to invoices.
• Place checks in envelopes and mail out.
• Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
• Record charges and refunds.
• Input type invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
• Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
• Process bills for payment.
• Issue checks for accounts payable.
• Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills, and order supplies.
• Contact individuals with delinquent accounts.
• Ensure customers accept payments or refunds.
• Scan and index invoices.
• Assist vendors with questions on outstanding invoices.
• Review statements and ensure proper payment to vendors.
• Work with other departments to ensure their A/P needs are met.
• Support accounting personnel.
• Assist the Accounting Department in other functions, as needed.
Detail oriented and highly organized.
Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
Portray commitment, professionalism, formality and a sense of urgency to meet the criteria needed for this industry.
Experience in accounting or the freight forwarding industry is highly desirable, however not necessary to apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma, however an Associate’s Degree is preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
After completing a standard 90 day probationary period the employee is granted a full benefits package. This includes:
Full Health Insurance Premium (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Life, and AD&D Coverage; 401K; Vacation/Personal/Floating Days; Annual performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment; Annual bonus determined by overall performance after 1 full year of employment.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.